W-3 Visa

By Tiara

Finding a job in America is not easy, but it is possible! If you are willing to work hard and know some of the languages well, there are many opportunities for you. There are even ways to retain your visa status while working here!

There are several different types of visas that allow workers into the United States. The most common type is the business or employment visa, which requires an employer to sponsor you. This article will talk more about these employers and what they need to do to be able to sponsor you.

Another popular visa option is the F-1 student visa. An employee working under an E2 visa can also apply to study at a qualified school here in the US. Check out our separate article about studying in the USA as a student to learn more!

Some other less commonly used visas include the H-1B visa and the TN Work Visas. We will discuss each one of these individually later in this article. For now though, let’s focus on the two main categories: the Employment VISA and the Student VISA.

Who can get a W3 visa?

A work/visit visitor (W-Visitor) visa is for individuals who will be traveling to Australia as part of their employment or business activity. You must have an employer that you MUST travel for, and they must agree that you may visit the country during your trip.

You cannot do this if you are only visiting the country as part of your personal vacation so make sure you have enough time off before your trip!

The duration of stay in Australia for a W-Visitor must be no longer than six months, with two month validity at a minimum. This means that once your visa expires, you would need to apply again for another one, or leave the country.

We recommend staying within easy reach of major cities to keep costs down, but not in a residential area. Find out more about how to live like a local here.

What does the W3 visa allow?

The W-visa is typically referred to as the ‘work and travel’ VISA. This allows holders to work in Canada for up to one year, and then they must return home or apply for another visa (usually a B2 or C1).

The W-visa can be extended once every six months but this cannot exceed one year of full time employment. To qualify for an extension you will need to show that you have adequate funds to support yourself while your VISA is active, and that you are able to return home at the end of your stay.

Some employers may require their employees to hold both a Canadian working holiday visa AND citizenship – check with both agencies and your own department before applying!


When can I get a W3 visa?

A Work Visitor (WV) visa is for individuals who will be travelling to Australia as part of an education or business trip. An individual may apply for up to twelve months in duration, with no more than six months active at any one time.

The Department of Immigration cannot approve your application unless it has confirmation that you are enrolled in an educational program or you have been given work authorization in another country. They also require proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself while you’re here.

What does it cost?

Even though traveling to Canada as a tourist is not very expensive, there are some fees that you will be charged for when staying longer than 30 days. These additional costs can add up quickly!

The Canadian Immigration Service (CIS) now requires all non-Canadian citizens or permanent residents to pay an application service fee of $100 per person. This includes both individuals and married couples applying together.

There is also an extra processing charge of $150 per person if your visa is being processed in Toronto instead of at one of CIS’s regional offices. The additional cost is dependent upon where your trip starts and ends, but we have found that it averages around $200 per person.

These two fees cover the administrative work involved in reviewing and process your visa applications. There is no guarantee of getting this money back even if your visa is denied. So, it is important to do your research and find out how much these costs will affect you before investing in the application process.

Do I have to pay for my visa?

If you are traveling for less than six months, you do not need to purchase any additional visas or health insurance. You can simply stay in Canada as a tourist until your departure!

If you are visiting from outside of Canada, you will still be required to obtain appropriate travel documents before coming to Canada. These include proof of sufficient funds to return home, proof of adequate health coverage while in Canada, and proof that you have valid photo identification.

What are my options?

If you’re looking to relocate for work or if you already have your foot in the door with an international company and now need to stay, then the second visa option is the Work Visit (W-Visa) or Working Holiday VISA. A W-visa allows you to live and work in Australia as our ambassador while you're here.

These visas can be extended once you've established yourself at your new job but only for one year. Extensions beyond that must be done before reentering Australia again. This way, you'll have time to settle into your life here and explore more of the country!

There's no limit to how many times you can apply for this visa so it's not like a short term visa where you will run out of opportunities eventually.

Is it safe?

Recent reports claim that some undocumented immigrants are being scammed by fraudulent visa services. This has left many people wondering if working with these companies is worth the risk. Luckily, there’s an easy way to avoid this scam!

There have been several incidents of individuals who paid large fees for fake documents or “services” that do not exist. In fact, one company was just shut down due to allegations of fraud. It is very important to do your research before coming into contact with any kind of business related to immigration.

It is impossible to know what every company does, so make sure you do your research online and talk to others about their experiences. There are plenty of great resources out there to help you navigate through the process like How To Become A Citizen Of The United States Online.

Can I get a work permit?

Even if you don’t have enough money to come back home, there are ways to stay in Australia. One of these is to apply for what’s called a Working Holiday visa (WHV). This allows you to live and study in this country as an Australian student or working holidaymaker for up to 12 months.

You can only do this if you’re at least 18 years old, but under 25s must be enrolled in full time education. If you’re studying outside of school hours then you will need to work during that time too. You also need to prove you have adequate health insurance, and either have a job waiting for you when you return home or proof that you’ll earn enough while you’re here – usually through having a letter of employment.