E-3 Visa Process

By Tiara

The work authorization for professional employment in the United States is called an E-3 visa. This type of visa allows employers to hire qualified individuals as nonimmigrant aliens for business or employment purposes.

The term “nonimmigrant” means that you do not have long term residency status in the U.S., but instead are here temporarily (usually for no longer than one year). Nonimmigrants can live and work in the country while their visas last, however they must maintain some sort of affiliation with their home country.

Businesses use this kind of visa when they need to send employees into the workplace. For example, an e-3 visa holder could be hired by another company, which would then employ the person. Businesses also use these visas when they need to send out large groups of people at once to work together towards a common goal. Examples of this include a team of professionals working on a project or factory workers sent off to start production on new equipment.

Because the employee does not have resident alien status, he/she cannot stay in America permanently. However, the individual will usually have to return back to his/her home country after completing his/her job here.

Provide proof of your identity

e-3 visa process

Beyond confirming your name and date of birth, you will need to provide additional documents that prove who you are. These can include:

* A state or country driver’s license or ID card
* Bank statement with valid address in the United States
* Proof of residence such as a house deed or lease
* Military identification

It is important to note that if you have lived outside of Canada for more than six months, you may be required to present proof of sufficient income to support yourself and your family. You should make sure to bring these items when you apply so they do not delay your visa processing.

If you don’t have any of this information, it is okay! The most common way to establish identity is by presenting a document issued by an Australian government agency. This could include a passport, health certificate, work permit or driver’s licence.

Provide proof of your citizenship

e-3 visa process

The next step in proving your alien status is to prove you are a citizen of the United States. You can do this by providing documents that show where you were born, raised, or have lived as a citizen.

Copies of passports are considered valid forms of identification because they contain not only your name but also your state identity. Make sure to verify that your passport is still active before using it for business purposes!

Proof of birth including certificates is usually enough unless you want to prove later life stages such as being adopted or having changed names. If these things apply to you then additional documentation may be needed.

Additional proofs include:

* Voter registration cards
* Tax returns
* Insurance policies
* Pay stubs

Keep all these documents somewhere safe so if someone asks to see them, you don’t lose them. Don’t put anything important like credit cards in places that could potentially get stolen too.

Submit your application

e-3 visa process

After you have gathered all of your documents, it is time to actually apply for an e-3 visa! Applications can be done online through the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Consular Affairs or by contacting one of their field offices in person.

There are two ways to apply for this visa – self service and personal visit. For the self service option, users must create an account with the bureau’s website, www.usembassy.gov. Once that is complete, users can then upload their applications and pay fees via credit card or PayPal.

For those who would like to meet in person, they will need to go to a designated embassy office where staff members can help process your paperwork and get everything completed. Both sites offer helpful tips if you run into any issues while applying.

Pay the application fee

e-3 visa process

The next step in the process is to pay an Application Fee. This is typically done through PayPal or VISA. It can be paid via credit card as well, but it must have the correct visa logo on it.

There are two types of fees that you will face during this process: Optional Requirements Fees and Required Maintenance Fees.

The first one comes at the stage where you apply online for your visa. These include things like verifying employment or income, or requiring copies of documents and/or receipts. These cost additional money, so make sure you have enough before you click “Apply”!

The second one comes after you are granted entry into Canada and you need to renew your visa. This is when most people run into trouble because they do not know what these renewal fees are and how much there is of them.

We have provided some information about both of these below, along with some tips on how to avoid paying too much.

Provide your financial documents

e-3 visa process

The next step in proving your qualifications to work in the United States is providing proof of sufficient income to support yourself while here. This includes showing that you will have enough money to live during your stay, as well as evidence of an adequate savings account or job that can be accessed if needed.

Documents such as pay stubs, bank statements, and tax returns are typically enough to show this but it may also include questions about spending habits and assets. For example, people often use their house or car as a way to spend less so they would need to know about those!

After being approved for employment in the US, most employers require at least six months’ worth of verified income before accepting workers. Because of this, it is important to have back up documentation and not assume that things remain the same.

Get your biometrics taken

e-3 visa process

The next step in getting your visa is to have your fingerprints, eye exam, and medical examination done. This process is called ‘biometric screening’ and it helps USCIS determine if you should be granted residency or citizenship in the United States.

These three tests are usually done at accredited facilities that use government approved equipment. Most of these sites offer discounts for visas so it is worth looking into before paying expensive fees.

It is important to remember that there will be two people taking your biometrics – an examiner and possibly another person such as a manager. Make sure they write down their comments side by side with what you said!

You do not need to come to the appointment alone but it is better to do so. An advocate can help you through the process which may include answering any questions you have and helping you deal with anything related to the application.

Wait for your visa to be approved

e-3 visa process

After you have received conditional resident status, you will need to apply for an E-3 work visa. This process is known as the I-140 petition or employment based green card process.

You can begin this application process once your PERM has been processed and you are eligible to work in the US under your PR position. You will then have to show that there are sufficient jobs available within your field that you are qualified for.

This job market test happens at the regional level with employers asking if you have any job offers or whether you are still looking. If you do not currently have a job offer but plan to soon, this is not a problem!

Employers ask about potential employees’ salary expectations as well as what benefits they would like. These additional perks make up for some of the money that employee expects to earn so it helps mitigate risk.

The duration for these applications depends on how quickly employers find you reliable and trustworthy personnel. It also takes into account how long it takes to fill open positions within their company.

Pay the visa fee

e-3 visa process

After you are granted an e-2 or nonimmigrant work visa, you must still pay the visa application processing fees! These can add up quickly depending on how many documents you include in your file to prove employment eligibility.

It is important to remember that even if you have been approved for working while here, you will need to reenter America as a tourist until you get your passport back from US Customs and Immigration when you leave. This means that you cannot return home until you are able to show proof of sufficient funds to stay there.

Business travelers should be aware that it is not uncommon for employers to ask about your plans after being hired. If they find out you do not have enough money to return home, then you may be turned down at the gate. It is best to be prepared for this situation!

Some countries require workers to have valid visas to enter their country so check with yours before leaving.