D-3 Visa

By Tiara

Having enough money to buy a house is a beautiful thing, but it can be tricky when you don’t have much saved up. Luckily, there are several credit cards that reward their users for spending by offering credit card points that can be converted into airline tickets, hotel stays, or whatever your heart desires. These rewards program (or “rewards”) credit cards seem like a no-brainer way to spend more than you already do, but there is one big drawback — most of them require an annual membership fee!

That isn’t a deal breaker unless you happen to enjoy using your new credit card every day and going through the motions of signing up for the member benefits each month. But if those times ever come where you find yourself with extra cash, then this article will tell you about a great rewards credit card that doesn’t pose too many costs beyond the initial signup fees. It also happens to be a very affordable monthly payment as well.

Don’t worry, though, because this article will also talk about how to get all the information needed to decide if this credit card is right for you. This includes price estimates for both the introductory offer period and regular account terms, along with whether this credit card is better than other ones in its category.

Who gets the D3 visa?

The Direct Entry Visas (DEV) are awarded to individuals who are living in, or will be moving to Australia as dependents of an Australian resident. As a dependent member of their family you would qualify for this visa!

The DEV allows these eligible applicants to live, work, and study in Australia without first establishing residency or citizenship here. This is great news because it removes one of the biggest hurdles that most international students face when studying in Australia.

Currently there are two ways to apply for the D3 visa. You can self-apply OR you can have someone you know in Australia apply on your behalf. We recommend going through the process yourself to ensure all requirements are covered but if this isn’t possible then we can help you find someone in Australia that can assist you with your application!

We want to make sure that every student has the same opportunities when it comes to education so our team members have extended beyond just helping people apply for visas – they now also help students navigate the educational system in Australia.

How can I get a D3 visa?

To apply for a D3 visa, you need to have at least 3 years of relevant work experience in the field that your potential employer has notified USCIS they want to hire you into.

A job posting is not enough! You must tell us about their position via email or through one of their social media accounts so we can verify it.

It’s important to note that only employers can ask for a D-visa, and ONLY if there are no US workers available to do the job.

So, make sure to research the top companies before applying as an employee. They’ll probably be doing some due diligence themselves by looking up whether or not there are already employees working under similar visas.

Who is not allowed to get a D3 visa?

Being approved for a D3 visa does not automatically give you permission to enter Australia as a student. Before you can study here, you need to be confirmed as an eligible international student.

You must show that you have been accepted into a course at an Australian university. You also cannot work while in Australia without special permission.

If your stay in Australia is longer than six months then you will need to prove that you have adequate money to live on. Many students struggle with this part of the process.

In these cases, it’s very difficult to guarantee that they will return home or find other ways to survive. This could mean having debts that are more likely to be paid back or savings that can cover living expenses for the time being.

What are the requirements for a D3 visa?

To qualify you will need to prove that your life will be severely disrupted if you don’t travel during the given time frame, typically one year.

You also have to provide proof of adequate living resources in case you can’t return home (either because there is no home or you cannot due to money constraints).

It is important to note that even though the Department of Homeland Security says “likely” when referring to whether or not someone will find it difficult to live from their means while away, they do not use this as a criteria for granting the D-Visa.

They say it is only used as an estimation tool to determine if someone has enough financial resources to maintain themselves while traveling.

Who should get a D3 visa?

Being able to show proof that you have enough money to stay in Australia for at least six months is a very important factor when it comes to getting a D3 visa. More than half of all employers check this before offering employment, so being prepared with your finances will help ensure you don’t be rejected due to lack of savings!

It’s also important to remember that most people who are offered a work visa spend the majority of their time in Australia under an employee status, not as a self-employed individual. This means they aren’t eligible for any sort of assistance or benefits beyond what Medicare covers.

Where can I stay while I apply for a D3 visa?

Finding an affordable place to live while you are in Australia is no easy feat, especially if you do not have much money saved up. Thankfully, there are many ways to meet other international students during this time, so it is possible to stay with someone else or in a shared house.

There are several websites that help connect Australians with like-minded people who want to host a student. These sites typically include a room seeking feature, where you can create your own profile and describe what kind of accommodation you are looking for.

Can I bring my family with me on a D3 visa?

Being able to come into the country as a companion or dependant for another person is one of the biggest benefits of having a D3 visa. This can be your significant other, spouse, parent, sibling, or even best friend!

If you are already in Australia as an Australian citizen or permanent resident, then it is much easier to apply as a dependent. You just need proof that they will live with you while you are in the country, and their documents must say that they are a non-dependent.

For more information about what types of documents prove dependency, check out our article here.

What are the long-term effects of getting a D3 visa?

The most significant effect of having a D3 visa is that you cannot work while in Australia. You must have this visa to prove you will be staying in the country for at least six months, so it’s not like you can sneak out after five days and say ‘see ya!’

Getting a working holiday visa or a student visa does not prevent you from holding down full time employment once you arrive in Australia. But if you want to find part time work, you need to know about the D3 visa.

You can read more about the D3 visa here but the short version is that unless your employer agrees to sponsor you as an employee, you can’t work. And even then, only certain types of jobs are eligible. This includes any job where income can be reported (for example, selling products online).

Some employers may agree to act as your employer during your stay in Australia, which would make finding part time work much easier. But this doesn’t always happen and when it doesn’t there could be serious consequences for you and your family back home.